Friday 8 February 2013

Evaluation Question Two

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary task?

- In what way is the branding "coherent"- why does it all look like it's for the same brand?

It was important for me that throughout the production of my print work, I created a house style, certain image and brand. To make sure I created this, I made sure I used certain colours, fonts and props etc.

House Style

The overall theme of our music video was vintage/quirky/girly therefore I wanted to incorporate this in my print work. I used pastel colours for my print work as they are girly but they also have a vintage look to them which fitted in with our overall theme. I also used the same colour images on the print products which were a sort of black and white colour. By using the same colour images this also helped create continuity. Another way I created house style was by using the same style font on both print products.












Font

I only used one style of font throughout this was the style "cracked".
I used this style font as I thought it looked quite arty and quirky. It also looked like the sort of font our target audience would like. As the name of the song was "glue", I think it fits in well as it looks like some glue has cracked on the font. I did some audience feedback on different fonts, I showed the different ones to people on the screen and then asked them which one they prefered. I asked 20 people and "cracked" had the majority of the vote with 9 votes.

Props and Costumes

We decided that we were going for a vintage/quirky.girly theme overall. Also we wanted quite a bit of narrative in the music video. Therefore we needed to come up with a list of props and costumes that we needed. For the narrative this included a gluestick, snakes and ladders board game and lyrics on cards. For the performance element this inlcuded a guitar, hat, vintage style dress and cardigan and accessories. To help with our organisation, we complied a table of props/costumes that people needed to bring in. We wanted the peroformer to fit in with our overall theme hence the vintage dress and teaming it with a hat to make it look quirky. We thought this style would appeal to our target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment